Thank you for your application to our ballet academy. Unfortunately, you have not been accepted. You lack the right feet, Achilles tendons, turnout, torso length and bust. You have the wrong body for ballet. And at 13, you are too old to be considered.
SHAKESPEARE FANDOM MEETUP PLEASE
HOLY SHAKESPEARE BATMAN YES THIS IS A THING.
YO SHAKESPEARE FANDOM IN THE NEW YORK/TRI STATE AREA/EAST COAST: a fuckton of us will be in New York this fall. We should do a meet up. Who’s in?
"Shakespeare in the City" rehearses Shylock’s heartbreaking "I am a Jew" speech, adding their own ancestral background to the cry for compassion and tolerance.
To follow Shakespeare in the City check this out
Maybe it’s the late hour or the whiskey but this is giving me a lot of emotions right now. I am in love with and so impressed with these kids!
William Shakespeare’s Timon Athens performed by the Los Angeles Drama Club / Shakespeare in the City. These are mostly underprivileged kids from an underfunded and underserved who have been given an opportunity to break out of their hard situations.
Check out LADC at
I was moved seeing these young children performing Shakespeare with such animation, enthusiasm, and skill.
Oh man look at these cuties
Get to Know Me Meme: 5 Favorite TV Shows
↳ 2/5: The Mary Crawley Show
Now the room’s going to smell like a tart’s boudoir.
hey people who live/have lived in dorms what are some things you found useful to have that arent really obvious needs
also what fuckin decorating tutorials are useful and not hard as hell
and goddamn storage what do i do
- If your room doesn’t come with one already, a clock of some sort. I mean you probably have a laptop but it’s just a good thing to have around.
- If you have a fridge, get a water filter. You’ll save a lot of money if you buy one of those vs water bottles. Or you can use tap water, either or!
- Communal calendar, mostly for dividing up chores and such. You might not need it, but it’s always good to have around. In my case, it helped a lot with the laundry because we could each claim our own day.
- These! They take up little room but have a lot of storage! You can pick them up at like HomeGoods, Walmart, Target, etc. Also this!
- Related: if you can raise up your bed, put it up as high as you can. You can store a lot of stuff under there and save a ton of space.
- Sewing kit, duct tape, etc. Basically stuff to fix up minor things with clothes.
- That’s about it as far as I can think of right now! :0
MAN i lived in dorms for two years lets see
- stackable storage bins are super useful and can be wedged into a corner and not take up too much space
- you can ask the office/whatever in your dorm to loft your bed for you if it isnt already! they usually have a team of people on hand to help new students loft their beds. that way you can put your desk under your bed and save a shit ton of room
- i definitely second the water filter idea. if you get a small one it saves time and money spent on water bottles (plus lugging a 2 pack home without a car can be rough.)
- WINDEX or some other form of cleaning spray. you will make messes.
- a Swiffer or other lightweight mop thing. chances are you will buy a carpet swach to lay down since most dorms just have tile floors, but having something you can use to easily clean the tiles is a must. they get super gross super quick.
- a mat or something to put down in front of your dorm door or immediately inside to put your boots on in the winter if you get snow. that way you arent tracking muck into your place.
- a shower tote so you can take all your wares with you easily! make sure its a tote that can drain or you will get some moldy crap in the bottom.
thats all i can think of my dorm life was 4 years ago lmao
Earplugs! People will be very loud at all hours of the day and night. But a quicker fix is just to join them if it sounds like a fun party ;)
Okay this is unrelated but does come from experience: don’t accidentally forget that you have bananas in your closet…because when they fall behind all your clothing…they will attract gnats…oh my god, so many gnats…
Dorm mattresses tend to be really old and uncomfortable, so I recommend getting yourself a mattress topper. Check your dorm’s policies about hanging pictures/posters. You may not be able to use thumbtacks, so get a buttload of press stick. I lived in a dorm that was basically just an apartment building (aww yeah Manhattan colleges), so I needed a ton of kitchen stuff. You will probably only need a plate, bowl, mug, and a set of silverware. Get something hard to break that’s also microwave safe. Tupperware is your friend.
I find it really interesting that hamlet was always thinking about getting revenge and never, you know, becoming king, because he probably isn’t cut out for kingship
“So are we putting the tax up?”
"OH MY GOD I just don’t know please leave me alone"
When Lily Evans told James Potter that she wouldn’t go out with him because he was a bully, he stopped bullying people and redeemed himself. When Lily told Severus Snape that she wouldn’t go out with him because he called her a racial slur, he went on to join a racist terrorist group.
Conclusion: James Potter handled rejection much better than Severus Snape does.
Jewish activists arrested for protesting Israel’s Gaza slaughter at Friends of the IDF (FIDF) office in NYC
Jewish Voice For Peace